I would like to thank the officers and committee for the opportunity to judge at their 15th Championship show, I thoroughly enjoyed my day and would like to extend special thanks to my stewards who ensured the day ran smoothly.
Veteran Dog (2, 1 abs)
As usual with our breed, temperaments where exceptional, condition and presentation was good. Variation in type is still a problem, but what concerns me most is incorrect shoulders being either to short in upper arm or to upright in shoulder, this results in lack of chest, no depth of brisket and upright pasterns. Croups are also a concern with many falling away leading to poor tail carriage and over angulation of the rear quarters. I felt the bitches were of a better quality than the males and I hope this bodes well for the future.
Minor Puppy Dog (7, 0 abs)
- Jones’ - Ch Brynfaw Kop That At Jaynos JWRed boy in super condition who belies his years, lovely square head, darkest of eyes, excellent mouth and alert expression, he is compact and square in body and stands on lovely tight feet. Moved with drive and held his level topline.
Puppy Dog (4, 1 abs)
- Latter’s - Stoneglad ShowdownRed of good size, bone and substance, shoulders are correct and he has a good chest and stands on tight feet with dark nails. Head is coming on and will finish nicely, excellent mouth. Moved well for his age.
- Hopper's - Jaynos Dream Machine With BrynfawSquare head with a good mouth and dark eye. He is totally square and compact in body and nicely balanced. Good bend of stifle and a happy mover
- Bown & Wilfort’s Sundabish Mr ChooNice head with a dark eye and well placed ears which gave him a lovely expression.
- Saunders' - Jaynos Day Tripper Of Roskytar
- Richards & Crawford's - Shadowguards Halo
Junior Dog (8, 3 abs)
- McGroarty’s - Ardhub JensonSuch an athletic, alert red who demanded to be looked at, square head and a level mouth, darkest of eyes that are full of mischief. He is well balanced with lovely clean lines free from execration, moved with purpose. Well handled. Best Puppy
- McGroarty’s - Ardhub Back With BlackBrindle litter brother to 1, again has a square head and dark eye, good size well placed ears. He has a wide chest and is supported on strong well boned legs with tight feet, never moved as freely as 1.
- Gunn’s - Fast Freddy FlintstockTall red boy who has a level topline and good bend of stifle, not as mature as others.
Yearling Dog (3, 1 abs)
- Lindley’s - Hyerdunscar As Good As It GetsTall upstanding pale fawn who is totally at home in the show ring, demands attention and never takes his eyes from you. In hard condition with well muscled rear quarters which he uses to drive around the ring, short in back and holds a level topline. Good presentation.
- Hodgson & Beal - Afon Taff LadRed dog who is well balanced, appealing expression which is enhanced by well set ears, level topline and good rear angulation, moved soundly
- Brewer’s - Ardhub Under Red SkyAnother typical dog from this kennel has good balance but would like a stronger pastern.
- Welshman's - Ardhub Lock 'N Load
- Holness - Ricci Jack
Post Graduate Dog (6, 1 abs)
- Stockman’s - Arrancraig The Bruce At TrebradFawn dog who I really liked, so honest right through, head is square with correct proportions to skull/muzzle well placed ears. Lovely shoulder placement, deep in chest and good spring of rib, well muscled rear quarters with good angulation, right up to my open class he was my cc winner and I am sure with maturity his day will come.
- Ridsdale’s - Wyburn Ynee WallisWhat a character so full of life and mischief, lovely clear fawn, in hard athletic condition and from his construction and driving action I have no doubt he would go all day, lovely in profile, I would like him with a bit more weight to fill his frame and some training required, will be at his best as a 6 year old when he has settled!
Limit Dog (8, 4 abs)
- Aldcroft’s - Fowlerheight Red RevengeFawn boy, lovely head square from any angle, correct proportions, dark eye and well placed ears, so well balanced front and rear angulations correct, easy mover would just like more of him.
- Sharples' - Fowlerheight SucumbiosSquare cobby dog with good bone and spring of rib. Never moved as freely as 1
- Bampton & Doyle's - Walk By Night Samson for BullclirayFawn boy who has a wide chest and good rib, would like to see him a bit lighter.
- Hoole's - Stoneglad Supertramp
- Holness' - Ricci Rumber
Open Dog (10, 6 abs)
- Williams' - Dajoxx Zinzan JWSubstantial red, has strong straight front with good bone, wide chest and a deep brisket, level topline and really strong well muscled quarters, moved with ease and power.
- Forsythe's - Alwencourt Just William of FindhornTall fawn dog at top end of standard, square head with dark eye and good pigment, nice front, level topline and a steady mover.
- Lowden’s - Sundabish Valentinofawn dog of correct type, well balanced has a good front, deep chest and good rib, short in back, Never moved as freely.
- Wilson's - Jarmoel Rasta Man
Special Brindle Dog (3, 1 abs)
- Jones’ - Ch Jaynos Big Bopper JWWhat a privilege to go over this boy, fulfils the standard in so many ways, from his excellent mouth down to the tightest of feet right through to the tip of his tail this dog is quality. For such a big strong dog he moved with an easy action that denotes power and purpose, CC and BIS.
- Warren & Singleton’s - Ch Casameyer Dark Saxon Of Copperfield JWSuper brindle presented in hard condition, oozes breed type and quality, lovely square head, darkest of eyes and the expression that screams bullmastiff. So well constructed and balanced, totally square from any angle, strong bone throughout. RCC
- McGroarty’s - Braeaaron He Means Business At ArdhubTop end of standard red, strength all through, compact square body supported on straight well boned legs
- Fossett's - Wyburn Exceptional
Veteran Bitch (3, 1 abs)
- Crawshaw’s - Mejezelbab Noblesoul
- Wilson’s - Jaarmoel Rasta Man
Minor Puppy Bitch (16, 0 abs)
- Roberts & Joyce Ch Joybull Heaven Scent JWQuality lady who has maintained all her virtues that made her a champion, totally square, good bone, correct shoulders with wide deep chest, good spring of rib with strong correctly angulated rear quarters that drove her around the ring with ease. Best Veteran
- Montagu's - Jenmore Sweetheart of GamewatchAnother quality lady with a lovely front and level topline, good quarters and in excellent condition, flowed around the ring with ease, a credit to her owner.
Puppy Bitch (10, 4 abs)
- White's - Jaynos English Rose of AllwatchaBrindle who is coming along nicely, scores heavily in head that is totally square, excellent mouth that gives her muzzle the desired square blunt cut off, dark eye, straight front and good pasterns, wide chest, good spring of rib. Well presented.
- Latter’s - Stoneglad Black BettyAnother lovely brindle, who is developing well, has strong bone and an excellent front, loved her square head, with well placed ears and dark eye. Moved well.
- Bown & Wilfort, Sundabish Geisha GirlRed who is not as mature as first 2, again has a lovely head with alert expression enhanced when she users her ears, level topline and moved soundly.
- Hopper's - Jaynos Ebony Face With Brynfaw
- Jones' - Jaynos Dream Maker
Junior Bitch (8, 2 abs)
- Bown & Wilfort - Sundabish Suzi WongPale fawn presented in lovely condition, not an ounce over weight and has such clean athletic lines, feminine head with well arched neck leading into a straight front, level topline and good angulation to rear, moved at a steady pace assurance. Well handled. Best Puppy Bitch
- McGroarty’s - Ardhub Black Is BackLoved this brindle girl, totally square with strength and substance, scores well in head, with darkest of eye, lovely front and well sprung rib, just preferred athleticism of 1 on the move
- White's Jaynos English Rose of AllwatchaSee Minor Puppy Bitch
- Hodgson & Beal's - Sundabish Starstruck
- Gunn's - Crackoff Flirty Gerty Flintstock
Yearling Bitch (5, 1 abs)
- Roberts & Joyce - Ch Joybull Limited EditionEasy to see why she has her title at such a young age, Clear fawn with quality throughout, feminine head with a lovely expression, good reach to neck leading into well placed shoulders straight front and correct pasterns, has a deep well sprung rib, level topline and strong well angulated rear quarters.
- Meredith's - Ferdhu Miss Taken Of BullmeredithYoung girl just into junior, she is square and substantial for her age, has good bone and spring to rib, level topline.
- Lewis' - Moorbull Made To MeasureClear fawn who has a typical head with alert expression, compact square body with good rib.
- Garforth's - Moorbull Taylor Made
- Furber's - Hyerdunscar It's Showtime At Carminway JW
Post Grad Bitch (8, 2 abs)
- Downs' - Arrancraig Double TroubleGood sized red bitch, has a nice length of foreleg but still has the desired 50/50 to body, straight forelegs with tight feet and a level topline, well made quarters. Square in head with dark eye and well placed ears. Pushed hard for top honours.
- White’s - Hyerdunscar Miss High N Mighty At CopperfieldFawn with a bully head, dark eye, compact in body just falls away in croup.
- Hughes' - Jbzee Sweety Pea
- Hopper's - Jaynos Ebony Face With Brynfaw
Limit Bitch (9, 3 abs)
- Fowler’s - Taurleone CristallinoLovely clear fawn of correct type, has a feminine head with a super expression and the darkest of eyes which she never took away from me, always demanding that I looked at her. Well put together and balanced, good rib and level topline. Moved well.
- Warren & Singleton’s - Wonderbulls Aroche Coeur Of CopperfieldUpstanding red of good size with a straight front and tight feet. Level topline.
- Lindley’s - Blackcurrant Of HyerdunscarCompact brindle with a bully head, excellent spring to rib and good rear angulation
- Owen's - Snetts Ruby Enchantment
- Taylor's - Taurleone Diamenta
Open Bitch (10, 4 abs)
- Garratt's - Fowlerheight Red River At MachmanorRed bitch who pleased for type, classic head proportions, darkest of eyes and alert expression, wide deep chest supported on straight forelegs, shoulders well placed and a good spring of rib, short back, easy good mover
- Meredith's - Bullmeredith Guess WhoLittle to choose between these two both possess similar qualities, just preferred the darker eye of 1.
- Warren & Singleton’s Copperfield Robina BuffleSweetest of brindles, very feminine square head, has a good front and topline, would like to see her a bit more enthusiastic on the move.
- Ogilvie's - Tazamo Rumour Has It
Special Brindle Bitch (4, 3 abs)
- McGroarty’s - Ch Nashbank It’s All About Me At ArdhubQuality fawn of excellent type, square head with dark eye and well placed ears, scores so well in construction, balanced front and rear with correct angulation, just the right amount of bone and substance, easy mover who could go all day and she done all I asked from her in the challenge where she had some good competition, and was my CC winner and Reserve Best in Show, perhaps I pushed her too hard and she lost out to the fresher dog for Best in Show
- Trefan’s - World.Int.Hun.Ch Pi-Et-Ra Pandora Of TrefilioTop quality bitch who has similar qualities to 1, so well balanced, moved with ease and is stunning in profile with reach and drive, really did push the winner all the way I just preferred the extra size and substance of 1. RCC
- Wight’s - Ch Burmadream Monsoon BayAnother top quality bitch to complete an excellent trio of bitches. Deep red colour, as honest as they come with no exaggerations, stands four square with an assurance about her. Only her lack of enthusiasm on the move prevented her gaining higher honours.
- Lindley's - Ch Hyerdunscar Porche
- Ridsdale's - Wyburn Terable
- Ogden & Lilley's - Wyburn Velda