I must express my deepest gratitude to Gary Shirt & his Committee not only for the invitation but for the generous hospitality & warm welcome I received at this excellently run show. Thanks also to Ian and Dave, my stewards, but especially to the exhibitors who honoured me with the what I am told highest entry of the year, & one of incredible depth of quality. Thank you all so much; I am deeply humbled.
Veteran Dog (4, 0 abs)
Judging dogs is a very mixed blessing. It is wonderful when you find a special puppy, or a magnificent dog to put through for the ticket. But it is heartbreaking when exhibits you have loved since you first saw them as puppies do not acquit themselves on the day as you might have hoped. But integrity in judging demands that you make comparisons on the day and award exhibits accordingly which is what I always try to do. Thanks again to everyone for making this show a very special experience for me.
Minor Puppy Dog (3, 1 abs)
- McGroarty’s - Ch, FIN Ch Ardhub Im Back With BlackBeautifully balanced brindle, first class head & expression, square skull, powerful muzzle, excellent tight lip line, strong muscular neck set into well laid shoulders, broad front, strong legs, good depth of underline, straight topline, powerful quarters, sound fluent gait. Most impressive!
- Roberts’ - Joybull SweenytoddPleasing fawn dog who stands well on strong legs, square skull, powerful muzzle but a tad jowly, strong neck set into well laid shoulders, broad quarters, well set tail, moved well.
- Beal’s - Cafrajams Rock Solid ShCMAthletic younger dog who presents a balanced outline, very nice head, square & powerful, good bite and lip line, broad front, excellent depth of body, tends to toe out when standing & not totally sound on the move.
- Fowlerheight Red Revenge
Puppy Dog (6, 2 abs)
- Warren & White’s - Copperfield MuddlebrainsStrikingly handsome fawn lad, excellent head, square skull, dark eyes, lovely black mask, neat well placed ears, correct bite, level lip line, strong neck set into well laid shoulders, topline needs to firm up, front broad, legs strong & straight, firm quarters, well set tail, movement uncollected as yet but that should improve as he muscles up. A very promising puppy!
- Nutley & Wilson’s - Cairnmount Rebel RouserNot so forward in head, needs more strength & breadth of muzzle, neat dark eyes, well placed ears, delightful temperament, suspect rear action.
Junior Dog (4, 0 abs)
- Roberts’ - Joybull DrumshanboBig powerful brindle boy, superb masculine head, square skull, powerful muzzle, correct bite, strong neck set into excellent muscular shoulders, broad front, well boned legs but his feet are flat which looks ugly standing & gives him a plodding action in front.
- Todd & Smith’s - Pleats Surprise Attack For DelarhiaAttractive fawn, very good masking, dark eyes, well set ears, strong muzzle, muscular neck set into well laid shoulders, broad front, good depth of body with excellent substance developing, feet a little better than Drumshambo but I preferred the power of the brindle.
- Gillespie & Tinsdeall’s - Bullmeredith Winning TrySmaller fawn, overdone in head, too much wrinkle & hanging flews, very nice dark mask, broad front, well boned legs, good depth of underline, but lacked the desired straight topline which was accentuated on the move.
- Nutley & Wilson’s - Cairnmount Rebel Rouser
Yearling Dog (2, 1 abs)
- Marshall & Tankard’s - Stoneglad Jumpin Jack FlashHandsome boy who presents an excellent balanced outline, glorious head, square in skull, strong in muzzle, neat dark eyes, well placed ears, dark mask, desired close bite giving a tight lip line, good breadth & and depth of forehand, strong legs, neat feet, moved with power in profile but slightly close behind.
- Bilson & Owen’s - Zobullea’s Kooler Than Me At Keeperswatch Pleasing red, balanced body, muscular neck set into well laid shoulders, well boned legs, firm topline, head carrying rather too much wrinkle & nostrils could be more open, powerful action.
- Latter’s - Stoneglad Soulfire Massive handsome head, broad front, well boned legs but feet a little splayed, good depth of brisket, strong topline& quarters, powerful driving action but close coming & going.
- Aldcroft's - Fowlerheight Issac
Post Graduate Dog (5, 1 abs)
- Marshall & Tankard’s - Stoneglad Jumpin Jack Flash 1st in previous class.
Limit Dog (12, 2 abs)
- Latter’s - Stoneglad Sisqo superb mature fawn lad, unbelievably just 12 months old! Balanced head, square skull, strong muzzle, dark eyes, well placed neat ears, excellent bite with firm tight lips, strong neck set in powerful shoulders, broad chest, good depth, strong legs & good feet, firm straight topline, broad quarters, far & away the best mover in the class and one of the best in the entire entry. Definitely one to watch!
- McMenemy’s - Cairnmount First Edition medium sized, good head, square backskull but lacking some breadth of foreface, dark eyes, neat ears, strong neck, good lay back of shoulder but a tad short in upper arm, strong topline, broad quarters, moved close going away.
- Owen’s - Jadanelle Double Whammy At Keeperswatch ShCMAttractive red, balanced body with good breadth, attractive black masked head, less than convincing on the move.
- Garratt’s - Magic Dreams Of The Bumble Barns At Humeston (IMP BEL)
Open Dog (10, 1 abs)
- Myers & Morgan’s Optimus Daffyd JW CC, BOB & BIS - My notes say: ‘Incredibly handsome upstanding boy, super black mask, square skull, clean dark eyes, neat ears, straight strong topline, super powerful action.’ That’s the notes, but this boy is so much more than just the sum of his parts, he has outstanding presence. He stands and demands attention. I remember seeing Carl Johnson handling Ch Dicarl the Contender; he gave me shivers down my spine he was so exciting. This lad had the same effect on me. I am honoured to have judged him; even more so to have given him his 3rd CC. Congratulations on having bred such an outstanding dog & every good wish for the future!
- Lewis' - Millkeeper’s Norseman RL2Super black masked fawn, lovely head & expression, dark eyes, well placed ears, good bite, strong neck flowing into well laid shoulders, broad deep chest, well boned legs, straight strong topline, powerful fluent gait.
- McGroarty’s - Nashbank Magnificent ArdhubPleasing balanced dog, most attractive head, strong neck, powerful body, profile action good but moved close going away.
- Forsythe's - Ardhub Black Bomb At Findhorn
- Latter's - Stoneglad Sheeran
Special Brindle Dog (3, 2 abs)
- Roberts’ - The Nightshifts Hotmail At Joybull (IMP NED)RCC - Superb brindle boy, beautiful head, square skull, broad muzzle, perfect bite, neat dark eyes, well placed ears, powerful neck set into well laid muscular shoulders, broad front, deep roomy chest, strong topline, broad quarters, well set tail, strong legs giving a powerful gait with great impulsion. Just loved him!
- Bown & Wilfort’s - Ch Sundabish Mr MajeikaExcellent fawn dog, beautiful black masked head & expression, square skull, neat dark eyes, well placed ears, strong neck, excellent shoulders and front, deep chest, straight strong topline, broad quarters, excellent sound action.
- Myers & Morgan’s - Ch Old Manila's Whisky Mac For Optimus JW (IMP NOR)Superb male, handsome masculine head though I would prefer him just slightly less lippy, shapely dark eyes, well placed neat ears, powerful body, strong neck set into muscular shoulders, great depth of chest, strong topline & powerful quarters, one of several dogs today who seemed uncomfortable with the floor & tended to crab when moved fast.
- Davies' - Ch Hyerdunscar On A Mission With Coulbymoor JW
- McGroarty - Rysid Hopeless Wanderer
Veteran Bitch (7, - abs)
- Martin’s - Jessiemai Can’t Stop Me Now At Aribax one of my favourite Bullmastiffs, not perfect by any means but such an honest dog, handsome head, dark eyes, neat ears, good bite but a tad lippy, powerful body, broad front, strong legs, powerful quarters, moved well in profile but somewhat close coming forward.
Minor Puppy Bitch (5, - abs)
- Bown & Wilfort’s - Ch Sundabish Suzi Wong JWBVIS - Lovely fawn bitch of outstanding type & quality, feminine black masked head, dark eyes & lovely neat ears, broad front, deep roomy chest, strong quarters, carrying more weight than she used to which affects her topline a little, strong quarters, moved with power on excellent legs & feet.
- Roberts’ - Ch / INT. Ch/ Lux Ch/Malta Ch Joybull Limited EditionVery nice bitch, lovely head & expression, broad deep chest, well laid shoulder, strong neck, moved well in profile but slightly tight behind.
- Aldcroft’s - Medjezelbab Golden Girl At FowlerheightsBeautiful brindle, darkest of eyes, neat ears, square skull, strong neck set in well laid shoulders, broad front, strong legs, slightly too long in loin & lacking some fluency on the move.
- Myers & Morgan’s - Ch Optimus Scarlet
Puppy Bitch (5, 0 abs)
- Bailey’s - Fowlerheight Just Jacks At IronstanceLovely head, square skull, broad feminine muzzle, good bite, dark eyes, well set ears, superb conformation & type, excellent breadth & depth, short loin, strong topline, moved steadily.
- McMenemy’s - Cairnmount Tutti FruttiGloriously pretty bitch, darkest of masks, deep brown eyes, neat ears well placed on square skull, good breadth of forechest, good bone, straight topline & broad quarters. A cracking youngster but still very unsteady on the move.
- Bloore’s - Fowlerheight Jinx The MinxPleasing brindle, nice head, well placed ears, strong neck, good overall conformation & movement but not the quality of the other two puppies.
- Ogden - Shibastone Xena’s Princess
Junior Bitch (8, 2 abs)
- Trim’s - Pleats Osha The WildingSuch a glamorous young bitch, square head & strong muzzle, excellent bite & tight lip line, black mask, dark eyes, neat well placed ears, strong neck set into powerful shoulders, broad front, balanced athletic body, wonderful action, true coming & going, fluent in profile, an altogether outstanding prospect.
- Spencer’s - B-Izzy Lusitanas Da Casa Da Pedra Bela At Islekeeper (IMP)Super quality, square skull, dark eyes, neat ears, lovely dark mask, good bite, excellent depth & breadth, strong topline, broad quarters, moved very well.
- Myers & Morgan - Optimus Pandora (AI))Attractive bitch, needs more time to mature, most attractive head & expression, strong neck, well laid shoulder, strong straight topline, moved well.
- Lowton & Humphries - Stoneglad I’m That Chick At Lumillion NAF TAF
- Bloore’s - Fowlerheight Jinx The Minx
Yearling Bitch (8, 3 abs)
- McGroarty’s - Ardhub Black Don’t CrackA beautiful brindle, square skull, broad muzzle, intensely feminine expression, strong neck set into well laid powerful forehand, straight topline, broad quarters, movement true coming & going, fluent positive side gait.
- Spencer’s - Islekeepers Warrior QueenPretty fawn bitch, black mask, neat eyes & ears, good bite, strong neck, nicely angled shoulders, broad front, strong topline, moved very well.
- Thomas, Bull, Myers & Morgan’s - Optimus EuphoriaMost impressive bitch in outline, excellent overall balance, pleasing head, dark eyes, neat well placed ears but a little too much wrinkle, everything else excellent, including her action when taken at the right pace.
- Garratt's - Medjezelbab Hestia With Marchmanor
- Marsh & Emmett - Jesiemai Slap An Tickle
Post Grad Bitch (9, 4 abs)
- Abbott’s - Ardhub Black Encounter At Alonzobar RCC - a very special brindle youngster, when I first saw her I thought I had found my ticket winner, beautiful head, square skull, well placed ears, lovely dark eyes & a melting expression, strong neck, well laid shoulders, firm topline, broad quarters, true coming & going, excellent fluent side gait. Acquitted herself very well in the Challenge but when push came to shove I thought that she needed just a little more time to come to her best & with that extra maturity she will be very hard to beat. I just loved her!
- Murphy’s - Valhalla Hunter Princess At Nanahboozoo (IMP HUN)Pretty fawn bitch, most attractive head, dark mask, neat eyes & well set ears giving a pleasing expression, strong neck & well laid shoulders but not the substance or the movement of Black Encounter.
- Turner, Myers & Morgan’s - Optimus Diva Pleasing feminine head, dark eyes, black mask, neat ears all contributing to a pleasing expression but her flews are rather too pendulous for perfection, balanced body, well boned legs, broad front, strong topline, moved very well.
- Terry's & McGroarty - Ardhub Black Azz Black
- Cox's - Bullberry Delyth From Colom
Limit Bitch (10, 6 abs)
- McMenemy’s - Cairnmount Lady LuckBalanced attractive bitch, dark mask & eyes, neat ears & correct bite all combining to give a pleasing expression, powerful construction, broad chest, strong neck, well laid shoulders, moved the best of an indifferent class.
- Bryan’s - Islekeepers Roxanne At TonicbullAnother nicely headed lass, square skull, dark eyes & neat ears, powerful balanced body but let down by indifferent movement.
- Latter’s -Stoneglad ShimmerMy class winner till she moved, nicely balanced brindle with a lovely head & expression, solid deep body, strong legs, but her front movement let her down.
- Marshall & Tankard’s - Marchmanor Dame Vera
- Garratt’s - Marchmanor Hunni Trap
Open Bitch (5, 0 abs)
- Trim’s - Royceprides JunoBeautiful red, super head, square skull, strong muzzle, correct bit and tight lip line, dark eyes, neat well placed ears, broad front, strong legs, muscular neck set in well laid shoulders, strong topline & quarters, slightly proud of her tail but possessed of such attitude, moved with great fluency, strongly in contention in the challenge.
- Spencer’s - Islekeepers Mischief MakerAttractive bitch, pleasing head & expression, square skull, well placed ears, balanced powerful body, moved well but a tad close.
- Beal’s - Emsuart Lady Middleton Red bitch whose head has too much wrinkle & is rather long in foreface, balanced powerful body, good breadth & depth of chest, strong legs, fluent profile gait but moved very close behind.
- Martin's - Lumillion Time To Shine
Special Brindle Bitch (4, 3 abs)
- Dempsey’s - Optimus DaphneCC - Superb fawn bitch, square skull, strong muzzle, good bite & lip line, dark eyes, neat ears, lovely mask, superbly balanced body, strong neck, powerful well laid shoulders, broad quarters, athletic & simply superb on the move - so fluent & true I could have watched her go all day.
- Dempsey’s - Ardhub Black On FireBeautiful brindle, square skull, neat dark eyes, well placed ears, strong neck, well laid shoulders, firm topline, strong legs, feet slightly splayed but moved well nonetheless.
- Lindley’s - Ch Hyerdunscar The Big Tease JW IJCh CJW 16I have loved this beautiful bitch since I first saw her as a Minor Puppy & have followed her progress with great interest. Glorious feminine head with the darkest of masks, dark eyes & perfectly placed ears, excellent bite and lip line, strong neck set into well laid shoulders, broad front, well boned legs & tight feet, broad quarters, her topline, however, could be stronger & shorter, she has a slight dip behind the withers & this becomes more apparent when she moves, her action is true coming & going but in profile she could not match the supreme fluency of Daphne.
- Abbott's - Ch Ardhub Black Obsession At Alonzobar
- Roberts' - Joybull Absolute Blueprint
- Abbott's - Ardhub Black Encounter At Alonzobar