In order to gain the bronze award a vet must comment on the following:
- Basic auditory check of heart and lungs.
- Visual/auditory assessment of dogs breathing A) at rest & B) after 5 minutes of exercise.
- Visual assessment of skin and ear canals.
- Normal clinical assessment of eyes.
- Establish hearing (or not).
- Check for normal tail formation.
- Check for normal testes in male dogs.
- Temperament (Can be carried out by either a vet, a behaviourist or a qualified veterinary nurse).
In order to gain the Silver Award the dog must have previously gained the Bronze Award certificate and also have the following test results:
- Hip scores and elbow scores.
In order to gain the Gold Award the dog must have previously gained the Bronze & Silver Award certificates and also have the following test results:
If you are considering breeding from your dog and would like to join the scheme, the relevant paperwork is available on request, via email from Trisha Cox Billandtrish@btinternet.com.
- Heart test carried out by approved Cardiologist.
Once the dog has passed the assessment and relevant paperwork is completed and returned the Breed Council will issue a certificate. The only thing they ask is that the postage for the certificate is covered by the potential breeder.