I would like to first thank the club for inviting me to this judging appointment and also to the exhibitors for their entries and taking time out to give me the chance to judge this wonderful breed. There was a good standard of dogs and I did struggle in a couple of classes to find the first.
Minor Puppy Dog (No entries)
Puppy Dog (7, 2 abs)
Junior Dog (4, 1 abs)
- Garratt's - Marchmanor Troubador9 month old Red boy who stood very square for age, nice drop of chest, good dark eyes, nice tight feet and very much of type, good strong red in colour moved very well, a lovely happy boy. Deserved Best Puppy Dog.
- Spencer & Quantrill's – Shadowguard High Octane At Islekeeper 11 month old Fawn boy, good type, good strong head with correct pigment, a good mover and happy to be in the ring.
- Shirt's - Fowlerheight Caffi At Finchwell
- Lindley's - Hyerdunscar Down Under
Novice Dog (3, 1 abs)
- Bown & Wilfort’s - Sundabish Ry Cooder12 ½ month old Fawn Boy good type, nice moving youngster, handled very well, stood nice and strong, would like a little more pigment but deserved the first.
- Stake's Fowlerheight BronsonHandler left the ring before critique
- McCabe's - Optimus Simply Red
Post Grad Dog (4, 0 abs)
- Bown & Wilfort’s - Sundabish Ry CooderSee above.
- Foster's - Careto Of Letvie 23 month old Fawn boy, nice type, nice clear dark eye, a little straight in stifle but moved well.
Limit Dog (4, 0 abs)
- Crawshaw's – Medjezelbab Noble Soul 2 ½ Brindle boy of very strong type, a well marked brindle colour, good tight feet, a good drop of chest and showing a good spring of rib, handsome looking dog who is strong in body and in head, a good bite and very happy to be in the ring, handled very well on the day and deserved the first.
- Beal & Hodgson's – Cafrajams Rock Solid To Ballindaloch 2 year old red boy with great substance. Strong skull with well-set ears, broad underjaw with correct bite. Well let down front strong well arched neck leading onto a level topline. Moved powerfully with drive and balance whilst maintaining a level top-line.
- Garforth's - Moorbull Lasting Legacy
- Foster's - Careto Of Letvie
Open Dog (5, 1 abs)
- Simpson's – Pleats Appollo The Son 3 ½ year old red boy, a clear red, very strong and powerful specimen of the breed, showing a good spring of rib, and deep in chest, good tight feet, stood four square, with strong head, giving a good stop and level bite one of the best I’ve seen, moved well around ring with a good top line and handle to perfection. Deserving the BD & BIS.
- Brewer's – Ardhub Under Red Sky 3 year old Red boy who was also of good strong type, very strong in head and nice square in body, good feet, good depth of chest, and level top line, nice clear dark eye, powerful on the move and loved the ring.
- Lindley's - Graecia Aslan
- Thomas' - Phoria's Apollo
Veteran Dog (2, 0 abs)
- Alderson's – Aralders Eldorado 3 year old Red boy, another strong powerful specimen of the breed, this boy stood four square on good tight feet, level bite, nice sprig of rib and deep in chest, this boy moved with style around the ring, very hard choice between him and the limit dog class winner for BD, awarding this boy RBD & RBIS.
- Kozel's – Safety Of Flatland PhoenixSafety Of Flatland Phoenix – 3 year old Fawn boy, stood nice and four square, with good feet, nice top line, correct pigmentation and a good level bite, moved well around the ring.
- Baines’ - Torreyabloom Northern Light
- Thomas' - Phoria's Fat Boy
Special Open Brindle Dog (2, 1 abs)
- Bown & Wilfort’s - Sundabish kenzo
8 Year old Red boy, a good level bite, lovely tight feet and still looks stunning, moved well round the ring and showed his socks off. Defiantly deserved B V.
- Lewis – Optimus Brutus9 ½ year old Fawn boy, with the good movement for age, nice level bite and good feet, and in good condition for his age, and still very alert and responsive to owner
Minor Puppy Bitch (No Entries)
- Thomas' - Phoria's Hades JW 2 year old Brindle boy, another nice marked brindle boy, stood alone, standing four square, with nice tight feet and a good bite, nice strong type, level top line, this boy was very lively and full of himself but was handle to perfection.
Puppy Bitch (4, 2 abs)
Junior Bitch (6, 3 abs)
- Garratt's – Marchmanor Hooza Hunni 9 month old Red girl, nice strong in type, stood four square, with good drop of chest for age, nice pigment, good feet, moved well around the ring happy young girl, deserved BPB & BPIS.
- Tomlinson & Clare's – Hyerdunscar I’ll Meet You At Surlach 10 month old Red girl, nice square girl with good drop of chest for age, good spring of rib and, good pigmentation, close to first just preferred first girls movement on day.
Novice Bitch (3, 1 Abs)
- Aldercroft's – Fowlerheights Bakana 15 month old Fawn girl, very strong looking girl who looks like could do a days work, stood four square, good angulation, and good spring of rib, nice dark eye, and good pigmentation, good bite, moved very well and deserved RBB
- Bown Wilfort & Colville's – Sundabish Grace Kelly 14 month old Red girl, with good feet, nice head and type, moved beautiful.
- Stockman & Downs' – Trebrad Absolutely
Post Grad Bitch (4, 3 abs)
- Bown Wilfort & Colville's – Sundabish Grace Kelly See above.
- Stockman & Downs' – Trebrad Absolutely Red girl, nice square when standing, moved well.
- Marsh & Emmett's – Jessiemai Slap An Ticklel
Limit Bitch (7, 4 abs)
- Burgin's – Jessiemai Causin A Kuffufle 19 month old Red girl, stood alone, very square and good level top line, nice tight feet and good pigmentation, moved well.
Open Bitch (4, 1 abs)
- Latter's – Stoneglad Black Betty 2 ½ year old Brindle girl, this was the hardest class to choose from as all was very even, this girl stood very strong and solid to the ground, very much breed type, good bite and level top line, good feet placement, and strong and moved with powerful drive, a little light in eye but had a lot of good points to compensate
- Simpson's – Pleats Rosalee 2 ½ year old Red girl, of strong build, a good turn of stifle, nice cat like feet, good spring of rib, and amazing bite, this girl moved well around the ring and beautifully handled, would like a little more pigment if being picky.
- Aldcroft's - Medjezelbab Golden Girl At Fowlerheights
Veteran Bitch (1, 0 abs)
- Spencer & Quantrill's – Licassa Princess Tia At Islekeeper 3 year old Fawn girl, a beautiful specimen of the breed, strong yet feminine with it, nice level top line, good tight feet, good turn of stifle, and nice clear eyes, and a good clear fawn, with correct pigmentation, this girl moved with style and was handled beautifully. She deserved BB & BOS
Special Open Brindle Bitch (No Entries)
- Bown & Wilfort – Ch. Sundabish Lady La Roux JW 9 year old red girl, and what a mover she was for her age took it all in her stride, a credit to owner and breeder