I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Northern Bullmastiff Club for inviting me to judge their Open Show and just as importantly to all the exhibitors for entering their dogs under me, it was a very good entry and nice to see people support the breed club. Overall the
dogs were of good quality but a worrying amount of unsound dogs on the day and a few overshot mouths creeping in to the breed.
Minor Puppy Dog (1, 0 abs)
Puppy Dog (3, 1 abs)
- Alderson’s - Aralders Red ShadowSix month old puppy which stood alone in his class. Pleasing head proportions, Good Stop and front angulation, short in back. A little loose on the move but to be expected of a pup so young.
Junior Dog (7, 3 abs)
- Hopper & Loake’s - Jaynos Dream Machine with BrynfaweEleven month old puppy pleasing in head properties, moderate bend of stifle and nice straight front. Good dentition
and dark eye. Moved Well. Best Puppy Dog
- Crawshaw’s - Medjezelab Noble SoulNine months old with lovely dark muzzle and good stop. Could do with a better bend of stifle and topline needs to come.
Novice Dog (1, 1 abs)
- Welshman’s - Ardhub Lock n Load17 month old youngster with a good width of chest, lovely square head and wide under jaw, short in back with good angulation and super tight
feet. Moved OK
- Brewer’s - Ardhub Under Red Sky.Red dog with a pleasing head and short in back, good angulation and topline. Preferred the front and movement of no:1
- Wilson’s - Urbandream Jamaica Me Crazy
- Hodgson & Beal’s - Afon Taff Lad
Post Graduate Dog (6, 3 abs)
Limit Dog (5, 1 abs)
- Baines’ - Torreyabloom Northern Light18 month old fawn dog with excellent purity of colour, super pigment with good shading of mask, broad in skull and fair width of muzzle and under jaw, very impressive on the stack with good width of chest and depth of brisket. Still a little loose on the move but nonetheless great extension and drive. Reserve Best Dog
- Holness’ - Ricci Jacek18 month old brindle with a pleasing head although could do with a little more width to muzzle. Level topline. Movement let him down.
- Wade’s - Rodenca Phoenix at Patchings
Open Dog (6, 3 abs)
- Bilson’s - Jbzee Add Some Spice from Zobullea.20 month old brindle. A fit and well - muscled young dog with a lovely broad skull and dark eye. Would prefer a better bend of stifle and top line not his forte, however he was the best mover in his class.
- Lowden’s - Sundabish Valentino. Fawn boy with Pleasing square head with wide muzzle and underjaw, correct dark eye and good angulation. Lost out on movement.
- O’Neill’s - Ruaniall One Minute Warning
- Forsythe's - Alwencourt Just William At Findhorn
Veteran Dog (No Entries)
- Latter’s - Stoneglad TravisA 5 year old dog of substantial size very masculine in build and appearance, plenty of bone and substance, well ribbed. Lovely straight front with a good width of chest and depth of brisket. Strong head with good dentition and a punishing wide
under jaw. Only the 2nd dog I saw today with obvious muscle definition. Moved out well on strong quarters with plenty of drive. Glad to award him Best Dog and Best in Show
- Myers' - Pi-Et-Ra Rio of Trefilio at Optimus JWFawn dog with plenty of bone and straight front. Head too overdone for me and would prefer a little more length of leg but moved well and handled well.
- Williams' - Ch Betalex Action Hero Sh.CM
Special Brindle Dog (1, 1 abs)
- No Entries
Minor Puppy Bitch (3, 0 abs)
Puppy Bitch (11, 3 abs)
- Spencer & Quantrill’s Licassa Princess Tia at Islekeeper. Impressive 7 month old puppy that oozes type and quality. Lovely clear fawn with super dark muzzle and eye. Straight front and tight feet, good bend of stifle. Well boned and a free and active mover. A promising future
for this young girl. My Best Puppy Bitch and Best Puppy in Show.
- Simpson’s - Pleats EsmayUnfortunate to come up against no.1 on the day. 8 month old puppy of good construction, straight front, dark eye and pleasing head shape, moved and
- Platt's - Pleats Rosalee
Junior Bitch (6, 3 abs)
- Thomas’ - Phoria’s Zsa Zsa9 month old fawn puppy of good breed type. Good head proportions, dark muzzle and eye, good dentition, lovely reach of neck and moderate rear
angulation. Chest still needs to come. Handled Well just took time to settle on the move.
- Jones’ - Jaynos Dream Maker11 month old bitch with a nice straight front and good bend of stifle. Head still needs to break and would prefer a little more pigment. Moved well holding her top line, well handled.
- Simpson’s - Pleats Alice
- Brown's - Zanshin's New Beginnings
Novice Bitch (5, 2 abs)
- Bown & Wilforts - Sundabish Suzi WongYoung fawn bitch of classic breed type and lovely construction. Will take a long time to mature but everything is there. Good head proportions and pigmentation, good front and well angulated. Nice extension and drive just needs to slow
down a little on the move. Reserve Best Bitch
- Hodgson & Beal’s - Sundabish Starstruck.Another well-constructed youngster who pushed hard for 1st place and showed many of the same attributes. Just preferred the expression of 1st on the day
- Parkin & McLaughlan's - Talbadan Demon Diva
Post Grad Bitch (5, 0 abs)
- Thomas' - Phoria’s Zsa ZsaSee Puppy Bitch
- Lewis’ - Moorbull Made to Measure.19 month old cobby fawn bitch with plenty of bone and substance. Good width of muzzle and reach of neck. Well angulated on rear quarters. Moved well.
- Parke’s - Ricci Jelly Baby.
Limit Bitch (6, 2 abs)
- Lewis’ - Moorbull Made to MeasureSee Novice Bitch
- Garforth's - Moorbull Taylor MadeSimilar qualities to 1, her litter sister but a more typey pleasing head. Lost out on movement.
- Downs' - Arrancraig Double Trouble
- Huges' - Jbzee Sweetie Pea
Open Bitch (3, 0 abs)
- Latter's - Stoneglad Songbird of BunsoroBrindle bitch up to size, balanced head with good dentition, well laid back shoulders and good reach of neck, dark eye and muzzle. Moderate rear angulation, good second thigh, moved out well using the ring to her advantage and well
handled. Best Bitch
- Garratt's - Fowlerheight Red River at MarchmanorPleasing head proportions and alert expression, level top line held well on the move. Preferred movement of 1
- Fowler's - Taurleone’s Cristallino
- Bilson's - Jbzee Little Miss Mischief At Zobullea
Veteran Bitch (No entries)
- Jones’ - Talbadan Wotch me now at QuaybullTypey bitch well up to size, Good bone, balanced head proportions although pigment fell away a little, Moderate angulation with a nice wide front and depth of brisket. Moved well
- Holness’ - Kyrie Brindle Night at RicciWell balanced bitch with pleasing head, level topline and good width of chest. Preferred type of 1
- Alderson's - Aralders Miss Marmatrude
Special Brindle Bitch (2, 1 abs)
- No Entries
- Hopper's - Jaynos Ebony Face With Brynfaw