Many thanks to Hon Sec, Mrs Massey and her committee for the generous invitation to judge a club show and for the opportunity of a great learning experience. Thanks also to my stewards Dave and Gary for their company and their attention to detail when dealing with the paperwork. Coming from a working/pastoral background, I still found the appointment exacting and a great challenge, added to which I found a great variation in type and movement. Some exhibits did not have enough hind angulation, the deficiencies in the main being a narrowness of first thigh and a lack of second thigh. Others had poor front assemblies in that they were weak through the front pasterns; or had steep upper arms etc., others were too long through the loin. Overall I enjoyed my day with you immensely and I thank you for bringing your dogs for my appraisal. I hope you find my comments constructive and not negative, as your breed is just delightful and without exception all were beautifully well muscled and so friendly!
Minor Puppy Dog (1, 0 abs)
My BIS winner, by nature of her age, was also Best Veteran in show, namely, Ch Sundabish Lady La Roux JW. Although rising 8 years, she had excellent breed type and outstanding movement, displaying tremendous reach and drive with very good follow through added to which she had a great attitude for moving. Best Dog was Torreyabloom Northern Light, a 2 year old super for type and temperament. Best Puppy went to the male, of 7 mths, Moorbull Lasting Legacy.
Puppy Dog (1, 0 abs)
- Myers’ - Old Manilas Whisky Mac For Optimus (Am Ch Leathernecks Stealin’ Hearts ex Norwegian Ch Old Manilas’s Echo Springs)6 mths, typey youngster, full of quality all through, balanced and harmonious. Head developing along the right lines, dark expressive eyes, correct ear placement, lovely length and use of neck. Correct front on, lovely bone and substance, pleasing neck and middle piece, shapely quarters with neat rear pasterns. Very good pigmentation, coat and condition. Sound movement and so very light on his feet. In the challenge for Best Puppy I thought he would be my winner, but unfortunately he became a little unsettled with background noise which sadly cost him the award. Lots of time on his side.
Junior Dog (4, 0 abs)
- Garforth’s - Moorbull Lasting Legacy (Naukeen Brier at Dreadnot ex Optimus Roxanne at Moorbull)10 mths, well grown, built on slight stretched proportions, masculine head and good expression, ears a little large, good width of chest, could be cleaner front on, firm middle piece, shapely hindquarters. In movement he was clean away but coming forward he paddled a little through the front pasterns. Lovely temperament, coat and condition.
Novice Dog (4, 1 abs)
- McLauglan’s - Stoneglad Kravitz At Mackardon (Flintock Easy Does It for Talbadan ex Stoneglad Solitare)14 mths, red, well grown and typey, could be cleaner front on, masculine head and good expression, strong neck, pleasing outline and shapely quarters. Movement in keeping with his construction. Very well handled.
- Thomas’s - Phoria’s Hades (Ch Ardhub I’m Back with Black ex Rosco’s Diamond Doll of Phoria)15 mths, brindle lovely for type and overall quality. Thought he would be my winner but as the class went on his breathing became louder which cost him first place. Standing there is lots to like about him, richly pigmented, very nice head and correct expression, lovely neck and front. Excellent for temperament and attitude. Moved with great enthusiasm.
- Lynch’s - Lynchpridge Maximus Mateo
- Beal & Hodgson's - Cafrajam's Rock Solid
Post Graduate Dog (4, 1 abs)
- Thomas’s - Phoria’s Hades (Ch Ardhub I’m Back with Black ex Rosco’s Diamond Doll of Phoria for critique see 2nd in Junior Dog
- Thomas’s - Phorias’s Apollo litter brother to first - red, 14 mths, lovely for type, excellent headpiece, eye and ear carriage, firm middle piece and shapely quarters, moving away his right rear pastern could be cleaner.
- Crawshaw’s - Medjezelbab Noble Soul
Limit Dog (7, 2 abs)
- Alderson’s - Aralders Eldorado JW Sh.CM (Ch Copperfield Zamiel ex Aralders Margarite D’Esh) 18 mths, red male, quality all through, so well balanced and full of excellent breed type. Masculine head and good expression dark mask, a little lippy, lovely length and use of neck, pleasing middlpiece and quarters rounded rump. Presented in first class coat and condition. Balanced in stance, but on the move he was very laid back and not really bothered about showing off his finer qualities. Such a pity, since with a little more gusto, he could trouble the best and certainly had he had more attitude he would have been considered for higher honours
- Lomax’s Northingales Tornado (Ch Brunsoro Bymesen ex Zoolds Pretties Star) red 3.5 yrs, good size and strength, typical head and expression, upper arm could be better angled, firm middlepiece and shapely quarters. Movement in keeping with his shape
- Thomas’ - Phoria’s Apollo
A difficult class, the first three could changes places another time.
Open Dog (3, 3 abs)
- Baines’ Torreyabloom Northern Light (Torreybloom Fosters Ice ex Jessyjack Bodelicious Girl from Torreyabloom)fawn, over 2 years, short coupled, masculine head, dark mask, well placed ears, very good length and use of neck, clean front on with strong bone and correct feet, firm middlepiece and shapely hind quarters, rounded rump and good tail carriage. Presented in first class musculature condition. He presents a pleasing picture stacked and has all the enthusiasm and love of running, but his footfall could have been better. Well handled to get the best out of him. Lovely temperament. Best Dog
- Brewer’s - Ardhub Under Red Sky (Braeaaron He Means Business at Ardhub ex Ice Bailey’s of Ardhub) over 2 years, red male, built on slightly stretched proportions, excellent head and expression, all male, very typical. Firm topline and well muscled. His movement was generally better than one; although his feet were not as good and standing he did not have the quarters and second thigh development of the winner. Lovely temperament.
- Jeans-Brown's - Optimus Galileo Of Molosser (Ch Casameyer Dark Saxen of Copperfield ex Ch Optimus Camella)quality brindle, typical in head and expression, very good ear placement, pleasing in neck and middlepiece, good width of chest, could use a little more bone and second thigh to advantage. Perhaps needs another year in development to look his best as he looked youthful compared to the 1st and 2nd even though he is older than both of them. Enthusiastic mover. Sound in temperament. Very well handled.
- Lowden's - Sundabish Valentino
Veteran Dog (1, 1 abs)
Special Brindle Dog (3, 2 abs)
Minor Puppy Bitch (4, 2 abs)
- Jeans-Brown's - Optimus Galileo Of Molosser (Ch Casameyer Dark Saxen of Copperfield ex Ch Optimus Camella)3rd in Limit Dog
Puppy Bitch (3, 1 abs)
- Worthington’s - Gyproc O’Erre (Terminus Breaking Dawn ex Gyproc Middle Earth) 7 mths, quality puppy, very raw, lots to like about her. At one time during her individual, she appeared unsound on her left front, however, this seemed to be a temporary thing and it rectified itself, and she became sound again. Feminine head and pleasing expression, dark mask, ears flying a little due no doubt to teething, shapely body, lovely coat and condition. Moved with enthusiasm displaying her happy outgoing temperament.
- Morgan & Wainwright’s - Kissylips (Pleats Appollo ex Jbzdee Sweetie Pea)7 mths, owner and puppy at their first show. Very raw youngster who was a little overawed by her day, not happy to have her teeth examined so I did not push her as I did not want her to have an unsettling experience first time out. A typey youngster with excellent bone and substance and a pretty feminine head. Lovely coat and condition. Hopefully with some training for both handler and puppy, they might enjoy the shows. Good Luck to you both.
Junior Bitch (8, 2 abs)
- Baines’ - Talbadans Buck Fiz At Torreyabloom (Flintstock Easy Does it for Talbadan ex Talbadan’s Viva Le Diva) red, 11 mths, strong head, very good mask, eyes could be darker, front on, could be cleaner through the front pasterns, pleasing neck and middlepiece, shapely quarters. Pleasing outline stacked, on the move she rises over the loin, this could correct with maturity, if she drops into her hindquarters.
- Baines’ - Torreyabloom Its No Joke (Dajoxx Zin Zan JW ex Jessyjacks Bodelicous Girl from Torreyabloom) Half sister (same sire) to the winners of Post Grad and Limit, light red, feminine head, eyes could be darker, bone could be stronger, paddles in front and could use more hind angles. Outgoing temperament.
Novice Bitch (2, 1 abs)
- Lynch’s - Lynchspride Sulis (Astonpride Harrison Hawk at Eternapride ex Burtonspride Princess of Lynchpride) just over a year, full of type, very shapely lovely young female, balanced and harmonious with everything in the right place. Expressive, feminine head and good expression, dark mask, good length and use of neck, at times has a tendency to stand a little east/west in front, well ribbed up, rounded rump, shapely quarters and neat little rear pasterns. In the challenge she started intermittently to favour one of her hind legs, I hope this was just temporary.
- Bilson’s Delarhia’s Sneeky Reeky With Zobullea (Jbzee Add Some Spice with Zobullea ex Jarbars Little Madam at Delarhias)just a fraction over 12mths, very similar in type to the winner, balanced and harmonious all through. Feminine in head, eyes a little round, dark mask, clean through the forehand, firm middlepiece, shapely quarters. Lovely for temperament.
- Latter’s Stoneglad Fame
- Shirt's - Northern Angel At Finchwell
Post Grad Bitch (6, 3 abs)
- Thomas’s Phorias Starry Eyed (Ch Ardhub I’m Back with Black ex Rosco’s Diamond Doll of Phoria) 23 mths, red, richly pigmented, lovely coat and condition feminine head, lacks prosturnum development, drops on the forehand on the move. Correct for temperament.
Limit Bitch (7, 0 abs)
- Simpson‘s - Pleats Rosalee (Dajoxx Zinzan ex Dajoxx Missie Moo) 19 mths, strong with secondary sex characteristics pronounced, excellent mother type, powerfully built female, strong head and good expression, dark mask, clean front, lovely bone and feet, pleasing middle piece and quarters, moved with ease. Well handled
- Spencer and Quantrill’s - Licassa Princess Tia At Islekeeper (Ch Bournevalley Seahawk of Alwencourt JW ex Ch Licassa Golden Grace)fawn, 19 mths, feminine head and good expression, pleasing front on with strong bone, well handled
- Lewis’s - Moorbull Made To Measure
Open Bitch (7, 1 abs)
- Simpson’s - Pleats Alice (Dajoxx Zinzan ex Dajoxx Missie Moo)litter sister to the winner of Post Grad class and similar remarks apply. 19 mths, substantial female, short coupled, well muscled, very strong in head, dark mask, good length of neck, lovely bone and feet, firm middle piece, pleasing quarters, powerful all through. Correct for temperament. Moved well. Well handled.
- Young’s - Heriol Tickety Boo Par Deux Avec Staxonboby (Darios Des Hauts de Gaumont ex Ch CH Dajoxx Ticketyboo at Heriol JW Sh.CM)19 mths, impressive for type, stacks well, rich red pigmentation, balanced and harmonious and well proportioned, feminine head, good expression and dark mask, lovely use and length of neck, clean middle piece, lovely overline, pleasing quarters, rump and rear quarters. Didn’t really give of her best as she was just a little reserved which cost her first place. Sympathetically handled to bring out the best in her.
- Latter’s - Stoneglad Black Betty
- Garratt's - Medjezelbab Grandmas Girl at Marchmanor
Veteran Bitch (1, 0 abs)
- Holness’ Kiri Brindle Night At Ricci (Jbzee Rocco Fella ex Jbzee La Bella)5 years, brindle, top size, well balanced, very in tune with her handler and correct for type. Lovely coat and condition. Strong head and good expression, pleasing ear carriage, lovely neck and front, firm middlpiece and shapely quarters with neat rear pasterns. Moved out well to win a difficult class. Lovely temperament.
- Baines’ Jessyjack Bodelicious Girl From Torreyabloom (Ch Coxelott Buttons and Beaux by Flintstock ex Benzak Lady Leah of Jessyjacks) 5 years, fawn, correct for type. Feminine head, dark mask, eyes a little light, could use a little more second thigh to advantage. Well muscled.
- Garratt’s Fowlerheight Red River At Marchmanor
- Bown & Wilfort's - Sundabish Suzi Wong
Special Brindle Bitch (4, 3 abs)
- Bown & Wilfort's - Ch Sundabish Lady La Roux JW. (Ch Oldwell Bugler ex Wyburn Summer)8 years, red female of quality, balanced proportions, undercarriage a little slack. Femine head and very good expression, dark mask, well placed ears, good length and use of neck, could be cleaner through the front pasters, pleasing middlpiece and shapely quarters. Lovely temperament. On the move this bitch came into her own with superb reach and powerful hind drive; the longer she went the more she gave. Best Bitch and Best in Show.
- McLaughlan's - Stoneglad Teamo at Mackardon (Flintstock Easy Does it for Talbadan ex Stoneglad Solitaire)14 mths, typical feminine head and good expression, neat ear carriage, excellent length and use of neck, stands a little east/west front on, could use more hind angles to advantage. Lovely gentle temperament. Well shown.